The VPL-DW127 is packed with features optimised for the business and education markets at a reasonable price. The projector is compact and lightweight, with its simple design making it very easy to set up.
Sony 3LCD BrightEra™ panel technology provides bright and colourful projection. Plenty of interfaces allow easy connection, while a choice of Picture Modes optimises viewing with any source – slide presentations, PC documents, pictures or videos. There’s a range of smart energy-saving features built in, including auto power saving function. And with a recommended lamp replacement time of 10,000 hours, downtime and maintenance costs are minimised.
Compact, lightweight and stylish design
- The VPL-DW127 has a compact and lightweight body with a small footprint of approximately 315 x 75 x 230.5 mm (12 13/32 x 2 15/16 x 9 1/16 inches) and a light weight of approximately 2.6 kg (5.8 lb). This compact, lightweight projector is convenient for carrying around a meeting room or classroom.
Energy efficient with long-lasting lamp of 10,000 hours
- The lamp driver optimally controls the wattage of the lamp and achieves a long-lasting lamp time of 10,000* hours. The recommended lamp replacement time is extended by 43%, compared to the previous model.
- *Lamp mode: low, Complies with IEC61947 standard
Advanced energy-saving features
- Advanced lamp technology enables robust energy-saving features. For example, greater brightness control in Auto Light Dimming mode saves considerable energy when the projector is left on without being used. During projection, Auto Lamp Mode automatically adjusts light output to suit the projected scene. When you need to mute the picture temporarily, light output can be completely deactivated to minimise energy consumption.
High image quality 3LCD BrightEra™ natural and vivid colour images
- Widescreen WXGA (1280 x 800) 16:10 screen resolution, 3LCD BrightEra™ natural and vivid colour images, plus various Picture Modes for optimising image quality, make the projector one of the best in its class. Thanks to the optical system projecting three basic colours constantly, the projector offers excellent light efficiency, ensuring colourful and bright images. Sony's BrightEra™ panels deliver improved panel light resistance, higher resolution, high brightness and increased panel reliability. High colour reproducibility is important especially when using colourful content, such as materials used in classrooms.
Various picture modes for optimal picture quality
- The projector has six available picture modes for correct picture quality: Dynamic, Standard, Presentation, Blackboard, Game, and Cinema. With six picture modes and three brightness modes combined, the user can select the most suitable picture/brightness combination according to the picture source and environment, to create the optimal image.
Network presentation (LAN)
- When the projector is installed in a LAN, presentations can be projected from any PC and Mac on the network. A tablet or smartphone can be connected at the same time. You can project jpg, pdf and other supported formats. Up to four users can project PC/Mac images simultaneously, while up to eight users can connect to one projector. For PC/Mac, an application, Projector Station for Network Presentation, is provided. For a tablet/smartphone, an application is provided by Pixelworks, downloaded from the web. For details, please visit: http://PWPresenter.pixelworks.com
Remote control for iOS device
- Projector Remote is a simple remote control application for Sony’s projectors. Networked projectors can be controlled by this remote application. Remote Control allows you to operate the projector with simple and easy-to-read buttons.
- The projector allows you to display pictures and audio* with one USB cable. You do not need to install any driver for this function. It is a convenient way to connect to the projector when you want to connect easily.
- * There is a time lag in video and audio. When not in simple use, it is recommended to use Line-in or HDMI-in.
Input name customisation
- It is possible to customise the input names that appear in the input menu on screen. It allows users to understand clearly what equipment is connected.