Be more efficient with this affordable, full-featured MFP.
- Share on a network and work from anywhere in the office, using built-in Ethernet and wireless connectivity.
- Create professional-quality documents with bold, crisp text and sharp images, using HP Original print cartridges.
- Send and receive faxes from your PC, using the 33.6 kbps fax.
- Print documents at up to 18 ppm A4. With Instant-on Technology, pages start and finish printing quickly: get a first page out in as fast as 8.5 seconds.
Get up and running quickly and easily.
- Plug and print in as fast as five minutes: HP Smart Install makes it easy to start printing from a PC or Netbook – no CD required.
- Set up and start printing fast with an easy-to-use, intuitive control panel. Easily make a one-sided copy of a two-sided identification card with ID Copy.
- Connect the MFP directly to a PC or Netbook via the included Hi-speed USB 2.0 port.
- Ensure reliable printing with an HP all-in-one print cartridge. Easily replace it with HP SureSupply.
Reduce your environmental impact and protect your bottom line.
- Get up to 50% energy savings using Instant-on Technology and save up to four times the energy with Instant-on Copy. Save even more with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology which senses your printing activity, turning on and off automatically.
- Reduce waste: a pre-installed cartridge decreases packaging. Recycle easily with HP Planet Partners.
- Get more value and better results with the services, solutions, software and support of HP Total Care.
- Save energy with an ENERGY STAR® qualified MFP.
|Functions||Print, copy, scan, fax|
|Standard Printer Languages||Host-based|
|Print Resolution||Black (best): Up to 600 x 600 dpi (1200 effective dpi with HP FastRes 1200); Black|
|(normal): Up to 600 x 400 dpi (600 effective dpi with HP FastRes 600)|
|Print Technology Resolution||FastRes 600, FastRes 1200|
|Print Speed||Black (A4): Up to 18 ppm; First Page Out Black: As fast as 8.5 sec (from Auto-Off)|
|Number Of Print Cartridges||1(black)|
|Printer Smart Software Features||CE844A: Smart Install; Simplified control panel; Auto-on/Auto-off; Compact design;|
|Duty Cycle||Monthly, A4: Up to 8000 pages|
|Recommended Monthly Page Volume||250 to 2000|
|Print margins||top: 4 mm; left: 4 mm; bottom: 4 mm; right: 4 mm|
|Twain Version||Version 1.9|
|Scan Type||Flatbed, ADF|
|Scan Resolution||Enhanced: Up to 19200 dpi; Hardware: Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi; Optical: Up to 1200 dpi|
|Scan Speed||10 x 15 cm colour photo to file: less than 7 sec for single scan; Black (normal): Up to 6|
|ppm; Colour (normal): Up to 3 ppm; ADF: Up to 7.4 ppm (black and white), Up to 3 ppm|
|Gray Scale Levels/Bit Depth||256; 24-bit|
|Scan File Format||JPEG, TIF (compressed and uncompressed), PDF, GIF, BMP|
|Scan Input Modes||Scanning via HP LaserJet scan application or TWAIN - or WIA-compliant application|
|Scan Size Maximum||Flatbed: 216 x 297 mm|
|Copy Resolution||Black (text and graphics): Up to 600 x 400 dpi; Colour (text and graphics): Up to 600 x|
|Copy Speed||Black (A4): Up to 18 cpm|
|Maximum Number Of Copies||Up to 99 copies|
|Copier Resize||25 to 400%|
|Control Panel||CE844A: 2-line, 16-character display; menu and navigation buttons (Setup/Enter, Left,|
|Right, Cancel); copy control buttons (Number buttons, Lighter/Darker, More copy settings,|
|Start Copy); Fax control buttons (Redial, Start Fax); 3 LED indicator lights (Attention, Ready,|
|Toner low); Wireless button with Blue LED backlight;|
|Fax Resolution||Black and White, Best Mode: Up to 300 x 300 dpi; Black and White, Standard Mode: 203x 98 dpi|
|Fax Speed||33.6 kbps|
|Fax Features||Fax Memory (A4): Up to 500 pages; Auto Fax Reduction Supported: Yes; Auto-Redialing:|
|Yes; Fax Delayed Sending: Yes; Distinctive Ring Detection Supported: Yes; Fax Forwarding|
|Supported: Yes; Fax Phone TAM Interface Supported: Yes; Fax Polling Supported: Yes; Fax|
|Telephone Mode Supported: Yes; Junk Barrier Supported: Yes; Maximum Speed Dialing|
|Numbers: Up to 100 numbers; PC Interface Supported: Yes; Remote Retrieval Capability|
|Supported: Yes; Telephone Handset Supported: No|
|Standard Connectivity||Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port, 10/100Base-T Ethernet network port, RJ-11 Telephone port,|
|Network Capabilities||Network Ready: Standard (built-in Ethernet, WiFi 802.11b/g/n)|
|Control Panel||2-line, 16-character display; menu and navigation buttons (Setup/Enter, Left, Right, Cancel);|
|copy control buttons (Number buttons, Lighter/Darker, More copy settings, Start Copy); Fax|
|control buttons (Redial, Start Fax); 3 LED indicator lights (Attention, Ready, Toner low);|
|Wireless button with Blue LED backlight|
|Output File Format||PDF; TIF; BMP; GIF; JPG|
|Digital Sending Standard Features||Scan to E-mail; scan to application; scan to file (all from PC only)|
|Maximum/Standard Memory||64 MB|
|Processor Type/Speed||Marvell® processor; 400 MHz|
|Duplex Print Options||Manual (driver support provided)|
|Media Type And Capacity, tray 1||ADF: Up to 35 sheets; Tray 1: Sheets: 150; envelopes: 10|
|Media Types Supported||Paper (plain, laser), envelopes, transparencies, labels, cardstock, postcards|
|Media Weight||ADF: 60 to 90 g/m²; Tray 1: 60 to 163 g/m²|
|Custom Media Sizes||76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm|
|Auto Document Feeder Capacity||Standard, 35 sheets|
|Print Handling||150-sheet input tray, 100-sheet face-down bin|
|Input Capacity: Up to 150 sheets, Up to 10 envelopes|
|Output Capacity: Up to 100 sheets, Up to 10 envelopes, Up to 75 sheets transparencies|
|Power||Power Supply Type: Built-in power supply|
|Power Requirements: Input voltage: 110 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz); 220 to|
|240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 2 Hz)|
|Power Consumption: 370 watts (printing), 245 watts (copy or scan) active, 0.2 watts off,|
|3.4 watts (Auto-Off) powersave, 4.8 watts standby;|
|Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC) Number: 0.960 kWh/Week|
|Software Included||Host-based print drivers, TWAIN, WIA, Scan-To application, XPS driver, Mac driver, Send|
|Fax, Toolbox, Wireless configuration utility|
|Product Weight||8.3 kg|
|Product Dimensions||Maximum: 435 x 365 x 306 mm|