Expand possibilities with affordable Ledger/A3 color
- Upsize color printing capabilities with media sizes up to Ledger/A3 for impressive marketing materials and more.
- Impress with bold text and smooth color—and get the color output you intended with Pantone® matching.
- Go from zero to done, right at the MFP—print, copy, scan, and fax from the large touchscreen.
- HP ePrint—now print from your smartphone or tablet from virtually anywhere.
Boost productivity, easily manage printing
- Boost productivity and reload paper less often with 1850-sheet paper capacity.
- Automate high-volume print, scan, and copy jobs to save time, using the 100-page automatic document feeder.
- Easily manage your business’s color printing with HP Color Access Controls.
- Save and print files directly at the MFP via an easy-access USB port.
Streamline workflow with robust scanning
- Improve workflow using touchscreen controls to preview, edit, and digitally send documents at the device.
- Streamline tasks—print, copy, fax, and scan projects directly at the MFP's large color touchscreen.
- Incorporate paper documents into digital workflows—easily send scans to fax, e-mail, or network folders.
- Efficiently capture the right content—remove blank pages in scanned documents to avoid wasted paper.
Invest in robust solutions that can grow with you
- Extend the capabilities of workteam print environments, using a rich array of easy-to-integrate solutions.
- Boost printing and imaging safeguards and protect business data with fleet-level security solutions.
- Add security solutions—such as card and badge readers—through the hardware integration pocket.
- Help control expenses with energy-saving features.
- Print, copy, scan, fax, digital send, easy access USB, offset and staple capabilities
Print speed black:
Normal:Up to 30 ppm
Print speed color:
Normal:Up to 30 ppm
(Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity. )
First page out (ready)
Black: As fast as 10.5 sec
Color: As fast as 10.5 sec
Duty cycle (monthly, letter)
- Up to 120,000 pages
Duty cycle note
Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.
Recommended monthly page volume
2500 to 7500
(HP recommends that the number of pages per month of imaged output be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.)
Print quality (best)
Color: Up to 600 x 600 dpi
Black: Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- HP PCL 6
- HP PCL 5c (HP PCL 5c driver available from the Web only)
- HP Postscript Level 3 emulation
- native PDF printing (v 1.4)
- Apple AirPrint™
- 8.07" (20.5 cm) touchscreen Color Graphic Display (CGD)
Automatic paper sensor
HP ePrint capability
Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™
(Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any connected Internet- and e-mail-capable device. Requires HP Web Services Account Registration. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents, and image types, see hp.com/go/eprintcenter. And for additional solutions, see hp.com/go/mobile-printing-solutions. Supports the following devices running iOS 4.2 or later: iPad®, iPad® 2, iPhone® (3GS or later), iPod touch® (3rd generation or later). Works with HP’s AirPrint™ enabled printers and requires the printer be connected to the same network as your iOS device. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from the access point. AirPrint, the AirPrint Logo, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple® Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.)
- Optional, enabled with purchase of a hardware accessory, HP Jetdirect 2700w USB Wireless Print Server J8026A
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Host
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Device
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000T network
- 1 Foreign Interface (FIH)
- 1 Hardware Integration Pocket (HIP Pocket)
- 2 Internal USB 2.0 Host
- 1 Fax port
Standard (built-in Gigabit Ethernet)
- HP Jetdirect 2700w USB Wireless Print Server J8026A
Minimum system requirements
Microsoft® Windows® 8, Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows® XP (SP2+), Windows® Server 2003 (SP1+), Windows® Server 2008, Windows® Server 2008 R2; 200 MB available hard disk space; operating system compatible hardware system requirements, see microsoft.com;
Mac OS X v10.6, 10.7; 200 MB available hard disk space; operating system compatible hardware system requirements, see apple.com
Compatible operating systems
- Microsoft® Windows® 8, Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows® XP (SP2+), Windows® Server 2003 (SP1+), Windows® Server 2008 (32 and 64-bit), Windows® Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
- Mac OS X v10.6, 10.7
- For the latest operating system support see: Citrix and Windows® Terminal Services (hp.com/go/upd)
- Novell (novell.com/iprint)
- Linux (hplip.net)
- UNIX (hp.com/go/unix, hp.com/go/unixmodelscripts, hp.com/go/jetdirectunix_software)
- SAP device types (hp.com/go/sap/drivers, hp.com/go/sap/print)
- HP ePrint Mobile Driver (hp.com/go/eprintmobiledriver)
- Standard, embedded HP High-Performance Secure Hard Disk, minimum 320 GB
- AES 256 hardware encryption or greater
- Secure erase capabilities (Secure File Erase-Temporary Job Files, Secure Erase-Job Data, Secure ATA Erase-Disk)
Paper handling input, standard
100-sheet multipurpose tray, 250-sheet tray 2, 3 x 500-sheet tray with cabinet for tray 3, 4 and 5, 100-sheet automatic document feeder (ADF)
Paper handling output, standard
250-sheet output tray; 500-sheet inline stapler/stacker
- Automatic (standard)
Finished output handling
Media sizes supported
- Tray 1: Letter, letter-R, executive, legal, statement, 8.5 x 13 in, 11 x 17 in, 12 x 18 in, 3 x 5 in, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 7 in, 5 x 8 in, envelopes (No. 9, No 10, Monarch)
- Tray 2, 3, 4, 5: Letter, letter-R, executive, legal, 8.5 x 13 in, 11 x 17 in
Paper (plain, light, bond, recycled, mid-weight, heavy, extra heavy, mid-weight glossy, heavy glossy, extra heavy glossy, cardstock, card glossy), HP matte, HP soft gloss, HP glossy, color transparency, labels, letterhead, envelope, preprinted, prepunched, colored, rough, HP tough paper, opaque film, user-defined
Media weight, supported
Tray 1: 16 to 58 lb (plain), 28 to 58 lb (glossy), 43 to 58 lb (cardstock, card glossy); Tray 2: 16 to 58 lb (plain), 28 to 34 lb (glossy), 43 to 58 lb (card glossy); Trays 3, 4, 5: 16 to 47 lb (plain), 28 to 53 lb (glossy), 47 to 58 lb (card glossy)
Scan file format
PDF, JPEG, TIFF, MTIFF, XPS, PDF/A
Scan resolution, optical
Up to 600 dpi
Scan size (flatbed), maximum
11 x 17 in
Scan size (ADF), maximum
11 x 17 in
Scan speed (normal, letter)
Up to 30 ppm (b&w), up to 30 ppm (color)
Duplex ADF scanning
Yes, reversing ADF
Automatic document feeder capacity
Standard, 100 sheets
Digital sending standard features
- Scan to e-mail; Save-to-Network Folder; Save-to-USB drive; Send to FTP; Send to LAN Fax; Send to Internet Fax; Local Address Book; SMTP over SSL
File formats, supported
- Digital Send: PDF, JPEG, TIFF, MTIFF, XPS, PDF/A
- Scan to easy access USB: PDF, JPEG, TIFF, MTIFF, XPS, PDF/A
- Print from easy access USB: PDF, PS, Print Ready files (.prn, .pcl, .cht)
Color:Up to 30 cpm
Copy resolution (black text)
600 x 600 dpi
Copy resolution (color text and graphics)
600 x 600 dpi
Copy reduce / enlarge settings
25 to 400%
Up to 9999 copies
Fax transmission speed
3 sec per page
Based on standard ITU-T test image #1 at standard resolution. More complicated pages or higher resolution will take longer and use more memory.
Up to 300 x 300 dpi (400 x 400 dpi for received faxes only)
Speed dials, maximum number
Up to 100 numbers (each with 100 destinations)
Power and operating requirements
110-volt input voltage: 110 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 50 Hz (+/- 3 Hz), 60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz); (Option #AZZ) 220-volt input voltage: 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50 Hz (+/-3 Hz), 60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz) (Not dual voltage, power supply varies by part number with # Option code identifier)
686 watts (Printing), 703 watts (Copying), 85 watts (Ready), 14.8 watts (Sleep), 0.5 watts (Manual-Off)
(Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages; this will damage the printer and void the product warranty. Configuration tested: color, simplex printing and copying.)
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- EPEAT® Bronze
Operating temperature range
59 to 81ºF
- 30 to 70% RH
Dimensions and weight
Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
29.3 x 26.3 x 47.2 in
Maximum dimensions (W x D x H)
39.8 x 45.6 x 60.8 in