Heavy-duty reliability and breakthrough speed.
- Print at rapid speeds on a variety of paper types.
- Manage workflow with intuitive features right on the printer, and get quick prints from a flash drive.
- Produce high print volumes with low maintenance.
- Replace toner cartridges easily, and enjoy quiet, clean performance.
Outstanding energy and paper savings.
- Cut energy use as much as 45%, compared to a majority of competing laser printers.
- Get centralized access to custom energy-saving options and printer settings with the HP EcoSMART Console.
- Trim paper use by up to 50% with automatic two-sided printing.
- Pre-installed Original HP toner cartridges reduce waste. Recycle them for free through HP Planet Partners.
Secure printing with minimal intervention.
- Take control of printing practices and enforce security policies, using HP Access Control.
- Control costs, manage IT resources, and reduce environmental impact
- Expand your network without compromising security.
- Effectively manage compliance and security issues across your business.
Extend capabilities and print from mobile devices.
- Easily update, manage, and expand the capabilities of networked printers, and do more with your investment.
- Make printing as mobile as you are with HP ePrint.
- Extend your investment by adding functionality using the hardware integration pocket.
- Print speed black:
Normal:Up to 52 ppm
- (Measured using ISO/IEC 24734, excludes first set of test documents. For more information see http://www.hp.com/go/printerclaims. Exact speed varies depending on the system configuration, software application, driver, and document complexity. )
- First page out (ready)
Black:As fast as 8.5 sec
- Print quality (best)
Black:Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Duty cycle (monthly, letter)
- Up to 225,000 pages;
(Duty cycle is defined as the maximum number of pages per month of imaged output. This value provides a comparison of product robustness in relation to other HP LaserJet or HP Color LaserJet devices, and enables appropriate deployment of printers and MFPs to satisfy the demands of connected individuals or groups.)
- Recommended monthly page volume
- 3000 to 15,000
(HP recommends that the number of printed pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement intervals and device life over an extended warranty period.)
- Print technology
- Processor speed
- 800 MHz
- Print languages
- HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5e (HP PCL 5e driver available from the Web only), HP postscript level 3 emulation, native PDF printing (v 1.4)
- 4-line LCD (color text and graphics)
- HP ePrint capability
- Mobile printing capability
- HP ePrint
- Apple AirPrint™
- Wireless capability
- Optional, enabled with purchase of a hardware accessory
- Connectivity, standard
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet
- 2 External Host USB (1 walk-up and 1 external accessible)
- 2 internal Host USB 2.0-like ports (for 3rd party connection)
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 HIP (for 3rd party connection)
- Connectivity, optional
- 802.11b/g/n wireless LAN (Station mode), other networking accessories
- HP Jetdirect 2700w USB Wireless Print Server (available in early 2012)
- Network ready
- Standard (built-in Gigabit Ethernet)
- Minimum system requirements
- Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP® (SP2 or higher), Windows® Server 2003 (SP1 or higher), Windows® Server 2008, Windows® Server 2008 R2; 200 MB available hard disk space; operating system compatible hardware system requirements, see http://www.microsoft.com;
Mac OS X v10.5, 10.6, 10.7; 150 MB available hard disk space; operating system compatible hardware system requirements, see: http://www.apple.com
- Compatible operating systems
- Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP® (SP2+), Windows® Server 2003 (SP1+), Windows® Server 2008 (all 32-bit and 64-bit), Windows® Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
- Mac OS X v10.5, 10.6, 10.7
- Citrix and Windows Terminal Services (see System Administrator’s Guide at http://www.hp.com/go/upd, Documentation tab for latest support)
- Novell (see http://www.novell.com/iprint for latest support)
- Linux (see http://www.hplip.net)
- UNIX (see http://www.hp.com/go/unix, http://www.hp.com/go/unixmodelscripts, and http://www.hp.com/go/jetdirectunix_software)
- SAP device types (see http://www.hp.com/go/sap/drivers and http://www.hp.com/go/sap/print)
- Memory, standard
- 512 MB
- Memory, maximum
- 1 GB
- Hard disk
- Paper handling input, standard
- 100-sheet multipurpose tray 1
- 500-sheet input tray 2
- Automatic duplexer for two-sided printing
- Paper handling output, standard
- 500-sheet output bin; 100-sheet rear output bin
- Duplex printing
- Automatic (standard)
- Media sizes supported
- Multipurpose tray 1: letter, legal, executive, statement, 8.5 x 13 in, 3 x 5 in, 4 x 6 in, 5 x 7 in, 5 x 8 in, envelope (commercial No. 9, No. 10, Monarch), US postcard; Tray 2, optional 500-sheet input tray: letter, legal, executive, 8.5 x 13 in; optional 1500-sheet High-capacity input tray: letter, legal
- Media sizes, custom
- Multipurpose tray 1: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; Tray 2, optional 500-sheet input tray: 5.83 x 8.27 to 8.5 x 14 in; Optional Custom media cassette: 4.02 x 5.83 to 6.69 x 11.10 in
- Media types
- Paper (bond, color, letterhead, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough, light); envelopes; labels; cardstock; transparencies; shelf edge labels; user-defined
- Media weight, supported
- Multipurpose tray 1: 16 to 53 lb; Tray 2, optional 500-sheet input tray, optional Custom media cassette, optional 1500-sheet High-capacity input tray: 16 to 32 lb; Optional Envelope feeder: 20 to 28 lb; Duplexer: 16 to 32 lb
- Finished output handling
Power and operating requirements
- 110-volt input voltage: 100 to 127 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz); (Option #AAZ) 220-volt input voltage: 220 to 240 VAC (+/- 10%), 50/60 Hz (+/- 3 Hz) (Not dual voltage, power supply varies by part number with # Option code identifier)
- Power consumption
- 820 watts (Printing), 21 watts (Ready), 5.5 watts (Sleep), 1.0 watt (Auto-Off), 0.3 watts (Manual-Off)
(Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages; this will damage the printer and void the product warranty. Power consumption in Auto-Off mode depends on customer network switch capability, user configuration and network activity. Off-mode power may vary while checking network packets for print jobs.)
- Energy efficiency
- ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Operating temperature range
- 59 to 89.6ºF
- Operating humidity range
- 10 to 80% RH
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 16.3 x 20 x 15.7 in
- Product dimensions maximum
- 16.3 x 30.2 x 15.7 in
- 57.8 lb
- Package dimensions (W x D x H)
- 23.15 x 24.92 x 19.65 in
- Package weight
- 66.22 lb
- What's in the box
- Right-angled power cord
- Software and documentation on CD-ROM
- HP Black LaserJet Toner cartridge (~10,000 pages)
- Automatic duplexer for two-sided printing
- Getting Started Guide
- Support flyer
- HP ePrint flyer
- Warranty Guide (where applicable)
- Cable included
- No, please purchase USB cable separately
- One-year, next business day, on-site limited warranty