Offer the shortest turnaround times.1
- Turn around orders in record time with this—the fastest printer in its class1.
- Print and handle high-quality photo images without losing time.
- Work more productively and comfortably with automated media loading and an ergonomic loading table.
Offer top photo quality and maximize your offering.
- Differentiate, expand—with HP Vivid Photo Inks, your versatile offering includes top photo-quality prints.
- Take on tough photo printing challenges with the color gamut enabled by chromatic red ink and uniform gloss.
- Bring in new print jobs offering remarkable black-and-white image quality and impressive backlits.
- Produce new applications—this printer makes it easier to tile images together.
Rely on HP technology, see precise color accuracy.
- Count on print-to-print color accuracy on different substrates.
- Assume greater control over the final print with HP Professional PANTONE* Emulation.
- Reliable operation—optional PostScript®/PDF upgrade kit ensures compatibility.
- Safely replace your old equipment with printer emulation functionality.
- Print time color image ISO N5 (best, D glossy paper)
- 3.2 min/page
- Print time color image ISO N5 (normal, D glossy paper)
- 2.1 min/page
- Print time color image ISO N5 (draft, D coated paper)
- 18 sec/page
- Print time color image ISO N5 (normal, D coated paper)
- 1.5 min/page
- Print time color line drawing (draft, D)
- 17 sec/page
- Print speed
- 1225 ft²/hr
- Memory, standard
- 32 GB (virtual)
- Hard disk
- Standard, 160 GB
- Print quality (best)
- Color: Up to 2400 x 1200 optimized dpi
Black: Up to 2400 x 1200 optimized dpi
- Print technology
- HP Thermal Inkjet
- Number of print cartridges
- 8 (chromatic red, magenta, matte black, photo black, yellow, light cyan, light gray, light magenta)
- Compatible ink types
- Guaranteed minimum line width
- 0.0026 in (ISO/IEC 13660:2001(E))
- Line accuracy
- +/- 0.1%
- Color accuracy
- Median < 1.19 dE2000, 95% of colors < 2.77 dE2000
- Color stability
- < 1 dE2000 in less than 5 minutes
- Print repeatability
- Average < 0.5 dE2000, max < 1 dE2000
- Maximum optical density (black)
- 4.5 L* min/2.31 D (with HP Premium Instant Dry Photo Gloss media with Original HP inks)
- Finished output handling
- Roll feed
- automatic cutter
- media bin
- Media types
- Bond and coated paper, technical paper, film, photographic paper, proofing paper, backlit, self-adhesive, banner and sign, fabric, fine art printing material
- Media weight, recommended
- Up to 114 lb depending on media type
- Media sizes standard (sheets, rolls)
- 11 to 42-in rolls
- Roll maximum output
- 575 ft
- Roll external diameter
- 6.7 in
- Media thickness
- Up to 22 mil
- Connectivity, standard
- Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T)
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 certified
- EIO Jetdirect accessory slot
- Print languages
- CALS G4
- Compatible operating systems
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 Ultimate/Professional/Home Premium, Windows Vista® Ultimate/Business/Home Premium, Windows® XP (32-bit, 64-bit) Professional/Home, Windows® Server 2008 (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows® Server 2003 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Mac OS X v 10.4, v 10.5, v 10.6 (with optional PostScript/PDF upgrade)
- Citrix XenApp
- Citrix XenServer
Power and operating requirements
- Power consumption
- 270 watts (printing); 420 watts (maximum); < 100 watts (standby); < 9 watts (< 46 watts with embedded Digital Front End) (powersave); < 0.5 watts (off)
- Operating temperature range
- 41 to 104ºF
(5 to 40ºC )
- Operating humidity range
- 20 to 80% RH
Dimensions and weight
- Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)
- 77.5 x 27.2 x 53.9 in
- 271 lb