- Intuitive LCD interface - Provides clear and accurate information in multiple languages with the ability to configure the UPS locally with easy to use navigation keys.
- Predictive replace battery date - Dynamically provides the month and year when battery replacement is recommended to aide in long term maintenance planning.
- InfraStruXure Central compatible - Enables centralized management via APC InfraStruXure® Central.
- SmartSlot - Customize UPS capabilities with management cards.
- Cold-start capable - Provides temporary battery power when the utility power is out.
- Serial Connectivity - Use any Home Automation network to monitor and control the S20 through its RS-232 serial port. For information on how to communicate with the S20, see APC's Application Note #102. Crestron and AMX installers should visit their respective websites for information on how to integrate the S20 into those networks.
- Resettable circuit breakers - Enables a quick recovery from overload events
- Hot-swappable batteries - Ensures clean, uninterrupted power to protected equipment while batteries are being replaced
- Disconnected battery notification - Warns when a battery is not available to provide backup power.
- Automatic self-test - Periodic battery self-test ensures early detection of a battery that needs to be replaced.
- Automatic restart of loads after UPS shutdown - Automatically starts up the connected equipment upon the return of utility power.
- Adjustable voltage-transfer points - Maximizes useful battery life by widening the input voltage window or tightening the output voltage regulation
- Adjustable voltage sensitivity - Provides the ability to adapt the UPS for optimal performance in specific power environments or generator applications
- Audible alarms - Provides notification of changing utility power and UPS conditions.
- User-replaceable batteries - increases availability by allowing a trained user to perform upgrades and replacements of the batteries reducing Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
- USB connectivity - Provides management of the UPS via a USB port (not available on all models).
- Serial Connectivity - Provides management of the UPS via a serial port.
- Temperature-compensated battery charging - Prolongs battery life by regulating the charge voltage according to battery temperature.
- Boost and Trim Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR) - Gives higher application availability by correcting low and high voltage conditions without using the battery.
- Intelligent battery management - Maximizes battery performance, life, and reliability through intelligent, precision charging.
- Safety-agency approved - Ensures the product has been tested and approved to work safely with the connected service provider equipment and within the specified environment.
- Power conditioning - Protects connected loads from surges, spikes, lightning, and other power disturbances.
- Network manageable - Provides remote management of the UPS over the network.
- Adjustable voltage sensitivity - Provides the ability to adapt the Power Conditioner for optimal performance in specific power environments or generator applications.
- Predictive failure notification - Provides early-warning fault analysis ensuring proactive component replacement.